Barcelona is proud of sponsoring the organization of the 2011 International Conference as a testimony of its continued commitment to that of Costa Brava when it hosted the first IWA Specialist Conference on Water Reclamation and Reuse in Castell Platja d’Aro (Costa Brava) in 1991. This second Conference will offer a great opportunity to assess all that could be and has been accomplished since then.
The Conference will be chaired by Prof. Rafael Mujeriego and Mr. Lluís Sala as Vice Chair. Prof. Rafael Mujeriego and Mr. Lluís Sala have been involved in the IWA Specialist Group on Water Reuse for many years, and have an internationally recognized experience in water reclamation and reuse practice.
The themes of the conference will be based:
• Science in Water reclamation and reuse
• Reclaimed Water in urban areas
• Reclaimed Water in the industry
• Reclaimed Water in agriculture
Within these fields, the transversal topics are:
• Health protection
• Regulations and technology validation
• Public perception and acceptance
• Science and research for sustainability